Montreal or Toronto
Real Ventures is an early-stage venture firm focused on serving daring entrepreneurs with the ambition to create successful, global companies. Since 2007, Real Ventures has dedicated itself to building the Canadian startup ecosystem on the belief that people, not money, build game-changing companies. Real Ventures provides stage-specific guidance, mentorship, and access to networks and resources to fast-track founders’ personal and company growth. Real Ventures manages $325 million across five funds and its active portfolio of 100+ companies is currently valued at $10 billion. www.realventures.com
Real Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. We work continuously on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We believe cultural fit doesn’t mean being culturally identical, and that diversity of thought enables us to challenge one another to think broader.
We’re looking for a Communications Intern to join our team for a 9-month contract. Reporting to our Director of Marketing and People, you will operate several key firm functions in this generalist learning role that will help our team deliver our mission to support daring entrepreneurs.
Participate in the planning and operations of the Marketing & Communications functions:
- Advise and execute Real Venture’s marketing plan including content creation & channel distribution, brand and PR including fund & portfolio company announcements.
- Manage our content calendar and our day-to-day inbound and outbound social channels (eg. email, Twitter, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, FB), Real Ventures & FounderFuel websites, Monthly newsletters, Medium blogs and service providers (when required).
- Participate in elevating the tech & startup ecosystems (Qc, Ont, Canada).
- Help with the weekly All-hands team meetings, quarterly town halls, team social events.
Help develop and implement Real Ventures’ Founder Platform with the investment team:
- Help onboard new portfolio companies and become their point of contact for support or perk requests as a complement to the lead partner.
- Participate in the creation of relevant info sessions, workshops and networking events with Subject Matter Experts, mentors, sponsors or other ecosystem leaders.
- Help negotiate and manage supplier perks offered to our portfolio.
- Fully bilingual in English and French (native fluency: speak, read and write)
- College or university degree (completed or in progress) or equivalent work experience in Communications, Marketing, Social Media or a similarly relevant education/professional background.
- Self-aware, curious, solutions-oriented with a demonstrated interest in personal growth.
- Strong project management, leadership and execution skills.
- Empathetic and compassionate with good interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Skilled at prioritizing, planning & organizing. Can deliver on tight timelines when required
- Passionate and enthusiastic about people, startups, innovation and entrepreneurship.
WHAT WE OFFER
- On-the-job personal growth and development coaching,
- A high-growth, fast-paced learning environment across many industries,
- Exposure to the venture capital industry, the startup ecosystem and marketing experience,
- A high-growth, fast-paced learning environment,
- Work from anywhere flexibility during COVID lockdowns and a mix of in office and work-from-home post pandemic in line with health authorities guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Lisa Séguin at email@example.com.