Updated June 19, 2019
Front Row Ventures is the first Canadian venture capital fund managed entirely by students that invests only in student-led startups. In partnership with Real Ventures, FRV has successfully run a $600K Quebec-focused pilot fund over the past two years. Operating across 9 university campuses in Quebec, FRV’s active investment team now counts 15 outstanding students from diverse backgrounds. Powered by Real, FRV is currently raising a $10M fund to expand its operations to more than 30 university campuses across Canada.
We are seeking a dynamic go-getter for the position of Platform & Community Ops Manager for FRV. This person will join the Real Ventures family to help build FRV’s programming and ensure a successful launch across Canada. As a core member of the FRV HQ team, the successful applicant will report to the Front Row Ventures Managing Director. He/she will own various aspects of FRV’s model consolidation, growth strategy and expansion operations, as well as leading FRVs national community and marketing efforts.
- Project Management – Organizing timeline, deadlines and scheduling for ongoing projects with the community and investment teams. Responsible for communicating back to the HQ and ensuring timely completion of team initiatives. Managing 12 to 20 people on various projects.
- Content creation – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels. Provide the community teams with marketing and brand guidelines
- Social media marketing – working with the community associates to create, manage and grow the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties
- Events and event planning – attending industry events in your city (often outside of 9-5 hours) and planning meetups for your community
- Public relations – managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns
- Founders relations – responsible for founders support – answering questions however they come in (phone, e-mail, Twitter) and managing any online questions/feedback.
- University degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a relevant field
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- English is your first language and you are known for your strong writing skills and exceptional attention to detail
- You have excellent project management skills and a track record of delivering results
- You are data-driven, with the ability to analyze, test and optimize strategies
- You are passionate about technology and the power of entrepreneurship to shape the future
- You are known for your exceptional organizational skills
- Are bilingual (French/English)
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with graphic design/photo & video production
- Have a good knowledge of the Canadian startup ecosystem
FRV / Real Ventures perks:
- Offices at Notman House, Espace CDPQ, and at the MaRS Discovery District — Montreal and Toronto’s innovation hubs — where you’ll rub elbows with every VC in town, plus the best of tech in Canada.
- Flexible working hours and the option to work remotely on occasion
- Work alongside a standout team with 20+ years of experience in the tech/VC space
- Connect with Canada’s finest startup investors, executives, and founders on a day-to-day basis
- Constant contact with the most ambitious students and young leaders in tech in Canada
How to apply:
If this sounds like a good fit, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Instead of a cover letter please answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this role?
- How will you make a positive impact in the workplace?
- What unique contribution could you make to Front Row Ventures and Real Ventures?
- What do you want to get out of this role? How will it help you achieve your personal goals?
**Please include a link to your portfolio that showcases relevant projects you have worked on.
Real is an equal opportunity employer. We have worked hard to create a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and that diversity of thought enables us to challenge one another to think bigger and broader.