Montreal or Toronto
Real Ventures is an early-stage venture firm focused on serving daring entrepreneurs with the ambition to create successful, global companies. Since 2007, Real Ventures has dedicated itself to building the Canadian startup ecosystem on the belief that people, not money, build game-changing companies. Real Ventures provides stage-specific guidance, mentorship, and access to networks and resources to fast-track founders’ personal and company growth. Real Ventures manages $330 million across five funds and its active portfolio of 100+ companies is currently valued at $10 billion. www.realventures.com
Real Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. We work continuously on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We believe cultural fit doesn’t mean being culturally identical, and that diversity of thought enables us to challenge one another to think bigger and broader.
We’re looking for an Operations Manager to join our team. Reporting to our Director of Marketing and People, you will operate several key firm functions in this generalist learning role that will help our team deliver our mission to support daring entrepreneurs.
Operate the Marketing & Communications functions:
- Advise and execute Real Venture’s marketing plan including content creation & channel distribution, brand and PR including fund & portfolio company announcements.
- Manage our content calendar and our day-to-day inbound and outbound social channels (eg. email, Twitter, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, FB), Real & FounderFuel websites, Monthly newsletters, Medium blogs and service providers (when required).
- Manage the admin accounts for all of Real’s digital tools and subscriptions.
- Participate in elevating the tech & startup ecosystems (Qc, Ont, Canada).
Plan and execute firm-wide gatherings to ensure cross-functional excellence for an open and authentic culture:
- Weekly All-hands team meetings, quarterly town halls, team social events.
- Leadership growth and development training sessions for the team.
- Plan and deliver an outstanding Annual General Meeting for Real’s LP investors in collaboration with the Managing Partner and investment team.
Develop and implement Real’s Founder Platform with the investment team:
- Onboard new portfolio companies and become their point of contact for support or perk requests as a complement to the lead partner.
- Organize and deliver FounderCamp, our grounding event for new founders in our portfolio.
- Create relevant info sessions, workshops and networking events with Subject Matter Experts, mentors, sponsors or other ecosystem leaders.
- Negotiation and management of supplier perks offered to our portfolio.
- Fully bilingual in English and French (native fluency: speak, read and write)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an operational role
- Self-aware, curious, solutions-oriented with a demonstrated interest in personal growth and self development
- Exceptional project management and execution skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities. Able to provide guidance and feedback to senior staff and peers, not afraid of difficult conversations.
- Empathetic and compassionate with good interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Skilled at prioritizing, planning & organizing. Can deliver on tight timelines when required
- Passionate and enthusiastic about people, startups, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Experience working in at a startup, venture capital/private equity is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Leadership and personal growth and development coaching
- A high-growth, fast-paced learning environment across many industries
- Competitive compensation
- Three weeks vacation, plus an additional week during the winter holiday season (we’re closed between Dec 25th and Jan 1st)
- Work from anywhere flexibility during COVID lockdowns and a mix of in office and work-from-home post pandemic in line with health authorities guidelines.
- Benefits package that includes health and vision care and flexible healthcare resources through a Dialogue (telemedicine) account
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the following:
(1) Describe why this opportunity interests you and how it fits into your career aspirations.
(2) Summarize how your background has prepared you to excel in this role.